Sunday 5 June 2011

The Sunday Sum-Up and Follow Friday #1

Happy Sunday to one and all! This week has flown by at Booking In Heels, although I didn't do half of what I'd planned to. Ah well, I got through more than enough books and that's what counts, right?

Let's see...

  • Firstly... TEN FOLLOWERS! :D I know that's hardly an achievement compared to some of you, but I'm still at that stage where I'm very excited and so I'm ridiculously happy to see every single one.
  • Last week I wrote about Lady Chatterley's Lover for the The Time Will Come meme. It must have prompted me to actually read the damn thing this week, because here's the review!

  • I must have felt cultured this week - not only did I read a classic, I got through non-fiction as well! You can see my review of The Natural History of Unicorns here.

  • This week I actually managed to get hold of and post a review of The Hunger Games. A little behind the times maybe, but I got there in the end. Catching Fire and Mockingjay to follow!
  • I also joined my first ever book challenge this week - the Book To Movie Challenge hosted by Two Bibliomaniacs. I've signed up to read six books and their film adaptations before the end of the year and you can see my progress here. Wish me luck!
  • Want to know what I'm wishing for this week? Take a peek at three from my Bottomless Pit of a Wishlist here.


 

Q. What are you doing to prepare for an upcoming zombie apocalypse and/or the return of Mel Gibson to the silver screen? (Both of which could be terrifying.) 
 
Unbeknowst to most, I've been preparing for the Zombie Apocalypse for a year and a half. It began with the bold declaration that I've developed a convenient disease known as Lupus, which is actually a cunning disguise. The symptoms of Lupus are very similar to those of Zombiehood (slurred speech, shambling walk, slow speed...) that should the zombies come, they will assume I am one of their own and leave me be.

Additionally, my Lupus makes me so weak that my boyfriend will feel duty-bound to protect me and so I shall cower bravely behind him while he battles the dreaded undead in my name.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Hannah!
    I love your blog - it's so pretty! :-) I remember being really excited to have 10 followers, if I'm honest I'm still excited every time I log in and see another person is following me, so I totally get that. Also can I just say that it's lovely to find another U.K book blogger - we seem to be quite thin on the ground! (I'm the one sending you the RAK by the way!)
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Grab my Button

Booking in Heels
 

Booking In Heels Copyright 2008 Fashionholic Designed by Ipiet Templates Supported by Tadpole's Notez