Saturday 4 June 2011

Hanna's Saturday Wishlist #3

Like most of you, I have a wishlist the length of the Nile or, at the very least, the River Severn. It's long. Most of them will never see the light of day as they were added on a whim or a reading phase I've gotten bored of, or have been so trampled on by the newer additions that they languish on page eight, completely forgotten about.

However, Carolyn from Book Chick City has a solution to make all those neglected wishlistees feel loved again. Each week, she posts a few of those books that one day (one day, God damn it!) she wi
ll eventually buy.

I have as much guilt over not yet introducing those unloved tomes to my shelves as anyone, so here's part #3 of my now-weekly Wishlist. These are three books that I might have eventually got round to owning by 2019. Maybe.


 First up, Uglies by Scott Westerfield.


I wanted this when it first came out years ago, but apparently I hadn't developed the crazed obsession for book-buying that now defines my being. 


This would neatly slot into my current dystopian phase, so it might find it's way into my next book blow-out. I think there's a film/TV adaptation coming out (although I might have made that up...) and I'd like to have read it before then.


Sometimes I read things that haven't/won't be made into a film, I swear. But no, you're quite right, this isn't one of them.


I saw the trailer for the film with Amanda Siegfried a few months ago and wanted to see it immediately. I'm a sucker for wolves and fairy-tale retellings, and you can't get any closer to that than a Red Riding Hood story.


This is Claude & Camille: A Novel of Monet by Stephanie Cowell - I wanted to read more about the artist after I finished The Swan Thieves a few weeks ago.


Honestly, I doubt I will ever, EVER buy this and it will fester unwanted on my wishlist until I eventually admit defeat and delete it. But hey, it's existence is recorded forever on my blog now, so maybe it won't feel quite as rejected.


I do want to read it, it's just not likely I'll actually get there.



3 comments:

  1. In all of your reading and book getting do not forget the book of life. Without it no library is complete and knowledge can not meet wisdom. God loves us and His son Jesus the Christ died to pay for our sin. Check out book of John in the Bible and discover how to be changed from the inside out. Life is short but eternity is forever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Uglies is a great start to a series. I just finished The Lost Hero by Rick Riordan so now I'm wishing for The Son of Neptune. I'm also making good progress on crossing books off my wishlist. Come see!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Uglies is great, I bought the first then as I couldn't afford the others straight away I had to get them out of the library!

    ReplyDelete

Grab my Button

Booking in Heels
 

Booking In Heels Copyright 2008 Fashionholic Designed by Ipiet Templates Supported by Tadpole's Notez