Friday 23 December 2011

2012 TBR Challenge - I'm Jumping on the Bandwagon!




Who hasn't seen this challenge about? The basic gist is to read books that are already on your TBR (and so must have been obtained before 31st December 2011). These are the levels of participation - 


1-10 - A Firm Handshake
11-20 - A Friendly Hug
21-30 - A Sweet Kiss
31-40 - Love At First Sight
41-50 - Married With Children

I'm going to go for the last one and read 41-50 books. My TBR is desperate. I have 97 books on there already so my plan for 2012 is to get at least half of them read! I read approximately 120 books a year, so that leaves me plenty of room to read my 2012 books too!

I'm not going to make a list because there's so many to choose from, but I can't wait to get started. There are 10 hosts, mini-challenges and giveaways every month. The first host is Donna from A Passion For Books, so keep your eye out!

So far, I've read 32 books out of 50.

1) Rivers of London by Ben Aaronovitch
2) Sparkling Cyanide by Agatha Christie
3) Daughters of the Vicar by D.H. Lawrence
4) The Mozart Conspiracy by Scott Mariani
5) Nemesis by Agatha Christie
6) Red Riding Hood by Sarah Blakley-Cartwright
7) The League of the Scarlet Pimpernel by Baroness Orczy
8) The Auschwitz Violin by Maria Angels Anglada
9) Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close by Jonathan Safran Foer
10) Dracula by Bram Stoker
11) The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen, Vol.2 by Alan Moore 
12) The Invisible Man by H.G. Wells   
13) Slaughterhouse 5 by Kurt Vonnegut 
14) Shopaholic & Sister by Sophie Kinsella 
15) The Stepsister Scheme by Jim C. Hines 
16) The Devil and Miss Prym by Paulo Coelho
17) Northanger Abbey by Jane Austen 
18) Delusions of Gender by Cordelia Fine 
19) Midnight Alley (Morganville Vampires series #3) by Rachel Caine
20) Feast of Fools (Morganville Vampires series #4) by Rachel Caine 
21) The Particular Sadness of Lemon Cake by Aimee Bender 
22) White Cat (Curseworkers series #1) by Holly Black
23) Anna Karenina by Leo Tolstoy 
24) King Solomon's Mines by H. Rider Haggard
25) Bumped by Megan McCafferty 
26) Unnatural Issue (Elemental Masters series #7) by Mercedes Lackey 
27) Keeping Faith by Jodi Picoult 
28) Lord of Misrule (Morganville Vampires series #5) by Rachel Caine
29) The End of Mr Y by Scarlett Thomas
30) Godmother: The Secret Cinderella Story by Carolyn Turgeon
31) Snuff by Terry Pratchett
32) Heroes of Olympus: The Son of Neptune by Rick Riordan

2 comments:

  1. This is quite spooky - I too have signed up for this challenge as I also have 97 books on my TBR pile! I'm aiming for 40 but hope to do better than that :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that's a big commitment you're making right there Miss Hanna! I'm doing something similar over at LibraryThing - maybe aiming to clear 35 or so of my pre-2012 buys for their 'Books off the Shelf Challenge' - but then, my TBR Pile is teetering at over 1000 again. *smiles guiltily* Ooooooops.

    ReplyDelete

Grab my Button

Booking in Heels
 

Booking In Heels Copyright 2008 Fashionholic Designed by Ipiet Templates Supported by Tadpole's Notez