Sunday 19 June 2011

The Sunday Sum-Up #5

The shoes in question
The funniest thing of my week was a little girl in ASDA this morning. She was about four, I think, and was stood behind me in the queue.

So I'm staring absently into space, as you do, when I hear this little voice pipe up - "Mummy! Look, that lady has pink hair! *pause* And pink nails! *pause* And look at her shoes! Mummy, I want to be that lady!"

Aaaawww. That's still making me smile now :)

Book-wise, this is what's been going on here this week:

  • Congratulations are in order, as I've most likely managed to write The Least Objective Review In The Entire World (what can I say, Law degrees warp people). My review of Cinderella Ate My Daughter (which I did actually like!) by Peggy Orenstein is here.
  • I finally finished off The Hunger Games trilogy, only a year or so after everybody else! My review of Mockingjay is here.
  •  Two Bibliomaniacs kicked off their Books to Movie Challenge this month and I've finished my first complete entry - The Reader by Bernhard Schlink. My film review is here and the book version is here.
  • My wishlist for this week is here and you can find the rest of it by clicking here.
Thinking about it, I should probably also win the award for the most uses of the word 'here' in one blog post... 

2 comments:

  1. How cute! I like your blog, I'm following you now! PS Thanks for being my 100th follower, yay! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your blog right down to the name "Booking in Heels"!
    I'm right with you when it comes to the Hunger Games trilogy. I still haven't finished Mockingjay and it seems like the rest of the world did a long time ago!
    Happy Reading :)

    ReplyDelete

Grab my Button

Booking in Heels
 

Booking In Heels Copyright 2008 Fashionholic Designed by Ipiet Templates Supported by Tadpole's Notez