Saturday 18 June 2011

Saturday Wishlist #5

Like most of you, I have a wishlist the length of the Nile or, at the very least, the River Severn. It's long. Most of them will never see the light of day as they were added on a whim or a reading phase I've gotten bored of, or have been so trampled on by the newer additions that they languish on page eight, completely forgotten about.

However, Carolyn from Book Chick City has a solution to make all those neglected wishlistees feel loved again. Each week, she posts a few of those books that one day (one day, God damn it!) she wi
ll eventually buy.

I have as much guilt over not yet introducing those unloved tomes to my shelves as anyone, so here's part #5 of my now-weekly Wishlist. These are three books that I might have eventually got round to owning by 2019. Maybe.


 
 This is the most recent addition to my wishlist - Forever Barbie: The Unauthorized Biography of a Real Doll by M. G. Lord. It was recommended in Cinderella Ate My Daughter as the best guide to the history of Barbie and so it hoppity skipped onto my Bottomless Pit of an Amazon Wishlist.

I loved Barbie as a child and I'm still interested in the impact of particular toys on children and feminism and so I can't wait to read this one.

I read Carrie Fisher's short autobiography, Wishful Drinking, last week (my review is here) and found that she was a hell of a lot funnier than I could possibly have imagined.

This book, Postcards From The Edge, is fiction but if it's even half as well-written as her autobiography,it should be brilliant.

Lastly, just to get away from books-I-want-to-read-because-of-other-books.... Delirium by Lauren Oliver.

I'm featuring this today because I was browsing through my Amazon wishlist a few minutes ago, saw this book... and realised that I dreamt about it last night. Seriously. I don't remember anything else, other than I was reading this book, but if that's not a Sign that I should write about it today, I don't know what is.


So those are my three wishlisted books this week, but you can see the rest of my wishlist here :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Grab my Button

Booking in Heels
 

Booking In Heels Copyright 2008 Fashionholic Designed by Ipiet Templates Supported by Tadpole's Notez