Monday 13 August 2012

Bout of Books Read-a-Thon Mini-Challenge 1

Bout of Books Read-a-Thon
One of today's challenges was jointly created by The Space Between and Reading in Texas, and they want to know what we do with our books when we've finished reading them.

Well for me it varies. I have to admit that I am, first and foremost, a book hoarder. I love the idea of having a huge library one day and I think I've subconsciously started collecting for that. Unfortunately I've run out of room on my wall-to-wall bookshelves so I've had to be more ruthless lately.

Obviously I'm still willing to keep the books I love. Obviously. But if I don't like it then it gets plonked onto the ReaditSwapit website (my list of books is here) and then hopefully it can be swapped for something else. If it's been sat on there for a stupid amount of time, then I'll haul it down to the charity shop where I work and then get ridiculously over-excited when somebody buys it.

For the books I'm not sure about I let sit on my shelves, but not always permanently. Sometimes I need to muse on it for a while because you don't know if you're likely to want to read it again until after the buzz from it has already worn off. If I decide it's not worth it, then it'll get caught up in the next book purge a month or so in the future :)

What do you do with your books once you've read them?

3 comments:

  1. EXACTLY! Like, a book might make me laugh and cry and think 'wow!' but after a couple of weeks I might realise that it was so emotionally exhausting I probably wouldn't put myself through that again. Or I might realise that I feel all warm and fuzzy about an otherwise unremarkable novel, and that I'd probably like to keep it as a comfort read. I'm so glad I'm not the only one who does this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i understand too even if i'm still keeping them ( or sometimes i offer one to someone who will like it and take care of it)for me they are real treasure

    ReplyDelete
  3. It would be so fun to see the person who buys my books! The charity shop must be so fun!!

    Angie

    Here is mine!! Angela's Anxious Life

    ReplyDelete

Grab my Button

Booking in Heels
 

Booking In Heels Copyright 2008 Fashionholic Designed by Ipiet Templates Supported by Tadpole's Notez