Friday 7 October 2011

TGIF #3


To-Be-Read's: How big is your pile? Which book keeps getting pushed down the stack, but you keep meaning to read it?

My TBR pile is absolutely ridiculous. I keep them on a long shelf that runs along the bottom of my book case, plus a substantial pile of books that wouldn't fit on it. I'd estimate about 130-150 maybe? I know it's silly that I keep buying books even though I have that many to read, but I keep doing it anyway.

To be fair, I've gotten fairly good recently at choosing books from the older end of the shelf (I have them arranged by the date I obtained them). It used to be that I'd pretty much only read my new and shiny books, but I'm doing okay at the minute. Some of the earlier ones have been there for years, literally.

I usually try and read review books promptly, but that's my only rule really. Even library books have been known to sit there for months. I did consider a 'three books from the older end, one book from the new' rule, but I hate limiting what I can or can't read at any given time. In the end though, I guess it doesn't really matter that I have a huge TBR. I mean, it's not hurting anyone and it means I always have something to read :) 

3 comments:

  1. Yay!!! Someone else with an insanely high TBR pile!!! I think I underestimated my books. I always do :)

    -tillie
    Here's my TGIF post

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's pretty much how I see it. I tried to only read review copies, library books, giveaway winnings, and gifts until I'd caught up but that caused a slump so now I'm trying to prioritise those UNLESS I'm in the mood for something else. That way I keep the slump away and I still manage to semi-keep on top of things. Woot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally agree with your 'not wanting to limit yourself' I feel the same way. Even with all the buying and reviewing...I like to feel like I'm still free to read what I'm in the mood for rather than feel the pressure of needing to read stuff.

    ReplyDelete

Grab my Button

Booking in Heels
 

Booking In Heels Copyright 2008 Fashionholic Designed by Ipiet Templates Supported by Tadpole's Notez