Thursday 1 September 2011

The Time Will Come #8

This is a Thursday meme hosted by Jodie at Books For Company to shine a light on those books we've had on our TBR piles so long that they're practically part of the furniture. To join in, just post about a book you've been really meaning to read and then hop on over here and link up. I love looking at everyone else's TBR piles, so you can see a full list of the other participants over there too.

 I've actually been doing pretty at clearing my TBR pile recently. I've started getting rid of the one I know I'm never going to read (alright, I'm putting them on my ReaditSwapit page so that I get new books, but the thought is there...) and I've been reading from the bottom of my TBR pile. I know, I wouldn't believe it either, but the proof is in my reviews of Emma, Predator's Gold and Shopaholic Ties The Knot.  

Arranging them all on a shelf in order of when I got them has made me notice the older books a little more, so I'm getting through them. I'm oddly proud. I mean, don't get me wrong, I still have 90+ books on that shelf, but it's a start!

This one is about a fifth of the way in, so it's been there a while. I was really excited to read it too, but then it got shunted further and further down in favour of new purchases until I forgot about it completely. Hmm. This might be my next read actually...

3 comments:

  1. This is one I hope to get to eventually too! I couldn't wait to buy it, yet it sits unread. A pity, really... lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @JP - You should read it! I started it today and it's actually really good. A little slow to get going, but it's worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it's great you are doing that!
    When I have less review books I think I may try to read at least 2 books from my old shelf's a month!
    Enjoy it =)

    ReplyDelete

Grab my Button

Booking in Heels
 

Booking In Heels Copyright 2008 Fashionholic Designed by Ipiet Templates Supported by Tadpole's Notez