Monday 12 September 2011

Book Blogger Appreciation Week: Community


While the awards are a fun part of BBAW, they can never accurately represent the depth and breadth of diversity in the book blogging community. Today you are encouraged to highlight a couple of bloggers that have made book blogging a unique experience for you. They can be your mentors, a blogger that encouraged you to try a different kind of book, opened your eyes to a new issue, made you laugh when you needed it, or left the first comment you ever got on your blog. Stay positive and give back to the people who make the community work for you!

I read a lot of book blogs before I started Booking In Heels, but the one that really made a difference was Ellie at Musings of a Bookshop Girl. She was pretty much my inspiration. I'd check her blog a couple of times a day for new updates, and she made book blogging look so much fun that I just had to start my own. A couple of weeks in, she contacted me to offer me an R.A.K. and we got talking. Not only is she an awesome, down-to-earth, great writer; she's chatty and really good fun to talk to.

Then we have Bex from An Armchair by the Sea. Similarly, we got chatting after a R.A.K. discussion and she's one of the nicest bloggers I know. I have her to thank for making me see what a great online community we have.

Last but not least - Hannah from Once Upon A Time. Again, thanks to a R.A.K. conversation. Apparently there are other ways of making friends, but I'm not so sure... Anyway, we e-mail regularly and she's been such a help with the more fiddly bits of book bloggers - contacting publishers, networking, etc. She's a fairly new blogger too, but she's got everything so sussed out, it's amazing!

So come on then - who do you have to thank for your success?

4 comments:

  1. Yay! Ellie is another one of my favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww thaniks Hanna! As you know i've been totally out of the loop the past few weeks, but if I were around and blogging i'd be saying very similar things about you! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. i've come across striped armchair but not aware of the rest, thanks

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the recs! I didn't know any of those blogs =D

    ReplyDelete

Grab my Button

Booking in Heels
 

Booking In Heels Copyright 2008 Fashionholic Designed by Ipiet Templates Supported by Tadpole's Notez