Saturday 20 August 2011

Friday Follow #4





If you could write yourself a part in a book, what book would it be and what role would you play in that book?

Like every other book blogger I know, I would love to go to Hogwarts. It's a source of endless depression that I didn't receive an invitation letter on my 11th birthday. I'd have been sorted into Ravenclaw and cavorted merrily amongst my fellow magical studentss while battling Dark Wizards in my spare time. I'm 22 years old now, and I'm still expecting my letter to be delivered any day.

Hogwarts aside, I'd love to be a Lord of the Rings-esque elf. I'd be a bad-ass archer, complete with stunning beauty and odd sense of smell. In fact, one of my secret shames is a fanfiction piece i wrote when I was about thirteen, where I wrote myself in as Legolas' sister. I think Aragorn was in love with me too. Actually no, I know he was in love with me, cause hell, I'd still like my very own Aragorn to play with. I have a vaguely masochistic urge to go dig that out, but I'm pretty sure it would make me abandon any desire to ever be a writer out of pure humiliation.

I also have a strange wish to take part in the Hunger Games. Strange, because a) when people mock-punch me, I just close my eyes, cringe and wait, b) I don't eat anything that even looks like meat, so killing my own food is out of the question and c) the other day I gave myself a blister trying to open a bottle of Dr Pepper, so I'm hardly the epitome of physical strength. 

2 comments:

  1. i love hunger games but there's no way i could take any part in that book! i want to be safe and comfy in Harry Potter's world!


    Trish - My Friday Memes

    ReplyDelete
  2. Epic answer. Yes, Hogwarts is a gimme but LOTR would be a pretty cool universe to visit too.

    ReplyDelete

Grab my Button

Booking in Heels
 

Booking In Heels Copyright 2008 Fashionholic Designed by Ipiet Templates Supported by Tadpole's Notez