Monday 4 July 2011

The R.A.K.s of June!

Unless you've been living under a rock for the last couple of months, you'll have heard of the Random Acts of Kindness concept over at Book Soulmates.

The point is to post a link to your bookish wishlist so that other readers can go through it and send you something if they so choose. Then you can pick something to send to someone else, and so on. There's no obligation to send anything, but it's so much fun combing through Amazon wishlists!

In June, I received - 

 
Cinderella Ate My Daughter by Peggy Orenstein and Oscar's Books by Thomas Wright were both sent to me by Ellie over at Musings of a Bookshop Girl. She told me that she chose these two because she'd wanted to read them herself, and as she reads such a wide variety of interesting books, I take that as quite a compliment on my book choice!

My review of Cinderella Ate My Daughter is here. 
 

Claude & Camille: A Novel of Monet by Stephanie Cowell was sent to me by another of my favourite book bloggers - Bex at An Armchair By The Sea. Seriously, she's one of the nicest bloggers (or people in general, really) you'll ever meet and if you haven't stopped by her blog already, you definitely should.


This is Red Riding Hood by Sarah Blakeley-Cartwright; I'm sure you've seen the trailers for the accompanying film already. This was from Lesley at My Keeper Shelf and came with a lovely little handwritten note. I really loved that personal touch, thanks Lesley!

My review of Red Riding Hood is here.


Rachael sent me one of her favourite books, Howl's Moving Castle by Diana Wynne Jones. This will be my first of her books, but hopefully there will be many more to come!


This is So Many Books, So Little Time: A Year of Passionate Reading by Sara Nelson, but unfortunately I have absolutely no idea who sent me this. If it was you, please let me know so I can thank you properly!

So that's what I received in June. Six books in a month!? I feel like a very, very lucky girl. I've never seen an online community that's as friendly, generous and supportive as the world of book bloggers. I genuinely feel proud to be a part of it. Thank you to everyone that sent me a R.A.K. and has stopped by my blog over the last few weeks.

Here's what I sent out:


I sent Percy Jackson and the Lightning Thief to Bex at An Armchair By The Sea because she mentioned that her library only had the later books and she'd been dying to read the series for ages. I have to admit, its one of my favourite series too!


I chose to send Lesley at My Keeper Shelf a book because I noticed that she'd sent out a fair few books last month and not received as many. I did notice  a habit I have of choosing books for others based on what I'd want to read, because this has been on my wishlist for a while!


 Last but not least (I hope) there is a R.A.K. package for Ellie at Musings of a Bookshop Girl on its way but I don't want to spoil the surprise!


If you haven't already joined the R.A.K. program, I really would recommend it. It's a great way to spread the love and maybe receive a few books yourself!

You can sign up here and see my wishlist here! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Grab my Button

Booking in Heels
 

Booking In Heels Copyright 2008 Fashionholic Designed by Ipiet Templates Supported by Tadpole's Notez