Monday 4 July 2011

In My Mailbox #5

I haven't actually obtained that many books in the last fortnight, but as I currently have a window open on an Amazon order that currently totals £84, I doubt that will last...

So, the few books that have made their way onto my shelves - 

So Many Books, So Little Time: A Year of Passionate Reading by Sara Nelson.

I was sent this as a R.A.K. via the Book Depository but I have no idea who from as there was no message or billing address. I'd love to know who from so I can thank you properly!


Who doesn't love books about books!?

I don't think I've ever been as excited about a book as I have been about In Praise of Savagery by Warwick Cairns.

This was sent to me by HarperCollins and is my FIRST EVER review request. A big thank you to Sarah George for giving me this opportunity!

After a quick flick through, it actually looks really interesting. I've heard horror stories about bloggers having to review dusty, boring books that no-one else wants until they climb up the ladder, but I really think I've lucked out on this one.

 This was picked up on a whim from the library because it's meant to be a cult classic. I've actually already read it, click here for the vaguely snarky review.

That's my slightly pitiful In My Mailbox this week, but I've got a huge Amazon order pending and a massive pile of books to put up for swaps, so watch this space!

1 comment:

  1. I think its kind of awesome that you got an anonymous RAK. I'm sure if it was me, the suspense of who sent it would kill me. But still think that someone thought of sending it anonymously is pretty impressive. Of course, they could have meant to include their name, but forgot it. Even so I still like the anonymous option!

    ReplyDelete

Grab my Button

Booking in Heels
 

Booking In Heels Copyright 2008 Fashionholic Designed by Ipiet Templates Supported by Tadpole's Notez