Friday 22 July 2011

Follow Friday #3

 


Name three authors that you would love to sit down and spend an hour or a meal with, just talking about either their books orget advice on writing from.
  
Honestly? I wouldn't. I don't ever want to sit down and have a long conversation with any of my favourite authors. Everyone has a nice, shiny idea of how their idols really are and I'd rather not have my bubbles burst, thank you very much.

What if it turned out you'd completely misunderstood their books? Not even counting the mortification you'd feel, after that meal, your concept of those novels would be completely altered and you could never read them the same way again. 

Aside from anything else, any author that can have a one-on-one conversation about their books for a whole hour obviously needs to take a short trip away from Egoville. I'm not talking aout book signings or group lectures or anything like that? But alone with an author? Not for me

11 comments:

  1. Love your answer! New follower.

    ReplyDelete
  2. New follower, yay! Besides your great answer I love your hair color, keep embracing your inner muppet, is great! :D
    This is my Feature and Follow Friday , please feel free to pass by and have a look. I'm also hosting two giveaways, just click on the "Giveaways" tab and good luck!
    Hugs,

    Alaiel

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great answer! I think everyone takes a little something different away. New Follower:)
    ~Rebecca
    www.bendingthespine.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. New follower, and good point! Most of the ones I'd want to meet are dead, so my bubble is likely to remain in tact!
    Courtney
    Fuzzy.Coffee.Books

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hopping through. I know what you mean about being scared to meet authors. I'm such a big Twilight fan and I have my own ideas about the characters that I'd be disappointed if Stephenie said I was wrong.
    My Hop

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a good point: I hadn't thought of that! I'd hate to have my bubbles burst too, as you put it. But, wouldn't it be awesome to pick at J.K.'s brains? I'd like to know her secret! :D
    Have a great weekend!
    Meg

    ReplyDelete
  7. New follower hopping through! I can see what you mean, but I would still love to sit down with authors. Maybe not to talk writing, but definitely to hang out. :) Have a good weekend!

    Reader's Refuge

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is true. Sometimes you meet famous people in person and they turn out to be really disappointing.

    http://apps.facebook.com/blognetworks/blog/kristin_can_read_648003/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I liked this answer. It was very thoughtful. I'm your newest follower.
    bethfred.com

    ReplyDelete

Grab my Button

Booking in Heels
 

Booking In Heels Copyright 2008 Fashionholic Designed by Ipiet Templates Supported by Tadpole's Notez