Wednesday 8 June 2011

In My Mailbox #3

So let's all just pretend it's Monday, shall we? I've been at Zombie Camp (a.k.a. 'A Camp For Young People With Lupus' for those who don't find my life-threatening illness as amusing as I do) for a few days and so I've only been able to stalk my blog on my phone instead of actually updating it.

But hey, I'm back from playing with the other zombies and so here's my slightly belated In My Mailbox. 

I've done very well this week actually. Or very badly, depending on how you look at it...


So. First up, I got Tolstoy and the Purple Chair sent to me by a friend on Library Thing. It actually arrived early last week so I've already read and posted a snarky review here. Snark snark.

From a trade on ReaditSwapit, I got The Men Who Stare At Goats by Jon Ronson. I'm not particularly desperate to read it, but it looked a lot more interesting that the book I swapped!

I also went slightly psycho at a carboot sale this week. My Dad has an endearing habit of just holding out money when I start to rifle through book boxes, so it usually ends well for both me and the stall-holder. I came away with - 



Enemies of the Heart by Rebecca Dean. I do have this out from the library at the minute, but for the sake of 50p I thought I might as well buy it.

Lucky by Alice Sebold. I loved The Lovely Bones so I thought I'd give this one a try too.


The Reader by Bernhard Schlink. Oops. I actually already have this, but I preferred the cover of this one. It features a woman with my name in, which is a massive cause for celebration as no-one has my name.


The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson. Apparently I have a knack of coming to books years after everybody else.


Shopaholic & Sister by Sohpie Kinsella. Her books are the only chick-lit I've read that I actually like. I don't know why, but they're so fluffy and light that the Shopaholic set really entertain me.


Not bad for 50p each, right?

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE CAR BOOT SALES! I know i've already told you that but serriously, they're awesome! I only read The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo series over Xmas and really enjoyed them :-) also, yay for Shopaholic! Although I didn't like the most recent one so much.... :-/ and finding things hilarious tends to be a great way to deal with life, I find.

    ReplyDelete

Grab my Button

Booking in Heels
 

Booking In Heels Copyright 2008 Fashionholic Designed by Ipiet Templates Supported by Tadpole's Notez