Sunday 24 November 2013

The End-of-Year Read-a-thon!


http://danasquare.blogspot.co.uk/2013/11/end-of-year-2013-readingcram-sign-up.html

If this isn't the best idea ever, I don't know what is.

While I'm not particularly bothered that I'm not going to meet my goal of 120 books this year, there are some that I really would like to get to before 2014. Dana Square and Juliababyjen's Reading Room have stepped up to the plate and organised an end-of-year read-a-thon for all those of us who aren't ready to say goodbye to 2013 just yet!

There's a whole bunch of challenges to enter too; just click on the graphic above for further details.

I'm not setting goals as such, but I definitely want to get up-to-date with all my reviews. Here are some of the books high up on my TBR:


Just looking at this list makes me excited for the read-a-thon to begin! The only reread here is The Night Circus - I read it almost exactly two years ago, but I'm pretty intent on reading it again this December. It's cemented firmly in my head as a Christmas book, although I don't know why.

The Gates of Paradise is the last book in the Blue Bloods series, which I'd love to have finished completely by 2014!

I'll also be reading A Tale of Two Cities for the read-a-thon Bex is running over at An Armchair by the Sea. You should go join in - Dickens is just perfect for a chilly Winter evening.

Many thanks to Dana and Jenny for running this read-a-thon. Go join in!

9 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for signing up! You have got a great TBR hope you can read them all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this might actually be the best idea ever, you know. I think it says a lot that my goal on Gooreads this year was 55 books...I think I hit that a couple of books ago so I think that 60 would be a nice number to read this year and would be more than the past few years so a few books in December to push it over would be good.

    I'm on the fence about The Tale of Two Cities right now, although I think we all know that I will soon cave because I don't want to be sat on Twitter watching you all talk about it...

    Whether I do or don't read Dickens though, a pre-festive season read-a-thon sounds perfect! YEY read-a-thons!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great idea, and I like that it's spread over two weeks, so that even if I have busy days I'll still have plenty of other days for reading. My to-read pile is more than double what it was at the end of 2012, and I'd like to get that down (in order to stock up on plenty of new reading material next year.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait to read NOS4A2! I LOVE that cover, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh ALRIIIIIIIIGHT. Two of you are already signed up, probably with more to come, so I SUPPOSE that means I'm read-a-thonning too. *smirks* *gives up and breaks out into a huge grin* Like I needed persuading, really. :P

    *poddles off to stare at shelves and choose books and also do a sign-up post*

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Newlyweds is so awesome, I'm excited to see what you think of it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So agreed, I love this reading cram idea :D. Oo, I'm excited for you to read Night Circus, I keep really meaning to read it, one of these days ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. We both have The Newlyweds on our lists for this, we should definitely try to both read it! Although if you're doing Dickens AND The Night Circus I'm not sure how much room there will be left in your brain :-p Not that I'm being rude about the size of your brain or anything, but Dickens alone is enough to give me brain ache and then combined with the awesomeness of The Night Circus. I don't know, you'd have to be a much stronger woman than I am lol

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for joining in the fun, and good luck with your goals! :)

    ReplyDelete

Grab my Button

Booking in Heels
 

Booking In Heels Copyright 2008 Fashionholic Designed by Ipiet Templates Supported by Tadpole's Notez