Monday 6 February 2012

In My Mailbox #21

It's been a while since I've actually been able to post one of these, since I've implemented a few strategies to cut down on my book obtaining. It's not been that successful, despite numerous plans involving sticker charts, threats and bribery but I guess it hasn't been a complete failure. That's how I know I'll be successful in my legal career - I achieve nothing but I'm damn good at making it look like I have!



The Pride and Prejudice cushion above has to be the single most exciting thing I've ever received by another blogger. I won the Dreaming of Books giveaway over at The Book Garden and Birgit was clever enough to offer the winner their choice of book-related cushions! How awesome is that!? I love themed giveaways! Anyway, after a ridiculously long length of time browsing through Cafepress, I eventually went for the one above. 

It arrived really quickly and God, it's gorgeous. It's huge, plump and soft and the design is amazing quality. I can't stop stroking it and smiling! 


So anybody who read my review of Stray by Rachel Vincent will know how desperate I was to get my hands on the others in the series. I've managed to get hold of the next three already, all by different means! Pride was the result of a ReaditSwapit swap, Prey came from the second-hand book stall in the market and Shift I had to reserve from the library. Can't wait to get stuck in to those!


I'd reserved these two from the library this week, but I've already read them both so they're not with the Rachel Vincent books on my TBR shelf. Perhaps this is why I haven't really made a dent in my unread books for a while...

Anyway, most of you will know what Neverwhere is. I was never bothered about it before, but I actually really liked it. Review will follow!

Amadeus is a play from the 1970s about the death of Mozart. I've been kind of interested in it since I read The Mozart Conspiracy by Scott Mariani and wanted to see what a few other people thought about it. I haven't decided whether to review it or not yet - I've never reviewed a play before although I did like it.

What's in your mailbox this week? 

8 comments:

  1. Hurrah, Neverwhere! I love that book! (You may have guessed this already.)Looking forward to seeing your review.

    Amazing cushion! Might have to head over to cafepress and look at literary cushions myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous cushion and just as lovely books! Shifters series is amazing! Have a lovely week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay A. Need to read me some adult Neil Gaiman (I read The Graveyard Book a couple of years ago). I've had American Gods on my shelf for TOO long now. Hmm.. I think that's the one that's being guest reviewed on my blog this week!
    B. I'm kinda curious about Oscar Wilde's plays. He intrigues me. I'm just not in the right mindset for him right now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Oscar Wilde's plays. The Importance of Being Earnest, in particular. It's just so good! :D

      Delete
  4. Never heard of these, but they all sounds super good. I hope you enjoy all your books this week, Hanna!
    Stop by my blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. This reminds me that I *still* haven't read Neverwhere. I don't know why, I just never pick it up and I love Neil Gaiman.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your P&P pillow! That is so awesome.

    ReplyDelete

Grab my Button

Booking in Heels
 

Booking In Heels Copyright 2008 Fashionholic Designed by Ipiet Templates Supported by Tadpole's Notez