Monday 23 January 2012

What's in a Name 2012 Reading Challenge


A little late but not too late!

I meant to sign up for this way back in December (and where has January gone, seriously?) because it looks like so much fun, but then I forgot, as you do.

So Beth Fish's challenge is to read one book in each of the following categories in 2012:


  1. A book with a topographical feature (land formation) in the title: Black Hills, Purgatory Ridge, Emily of Deep Valley
    The Brides of Rollrock Island by Margo Lanagan
  2. A book with something you'd see in the sky in the title: Moon Called, Seeing Stars, Cloud Atlas
    Moon Over Soho by Ben Aaronovitch
  3. A book with a creepy crawly in the title: Little Bee, Spider Bones, The Witches of Worm
    Lord of the Flies
    by William Golding
  4. A book with a type of house in the title: The Glass Castle, The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest, Ape House
    Slaughterhouse 5 by Kurt Vonnegut
  5. A book with something you'd carry in your pocket, purse, or backpack in the title: Sarah's Key, The Scarlet Letter, Devlin Diary
  6. A book with a something you'd find on a calendar in the title: Day of the Jackal, Elegy for April, Freaky Friday, Year of Magical Thinking. 11.22.63 by Stephen King
 So far I've read 5 out of 6 books.

4 comments:

  1. Aw,'creepy crawly' doesn't get used often enough! What a nice way of making something gross sound cute! *Ahem* So books...yeh, books...

    Are these your choices or suggestions? It's been a long day so my brain isn't quite engaging properly! Regardless, I loved Cloud Atlas a lot. It's definitely unique and it's brilliant! I might re-read it actually...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those are suggestions, probably should have wrote that...

      I have a few ideas, but nothing concrete. Probably going to use Moon Over Soho for the something in the sky prompt, it's the sequel to Rivers of London.

      Maybe Howl's Moving Castle for the type of house one?

      Delete
    2. Creepy. I was about to say Howl's Moving Castle. Maybe 'Girl Who Chased the Moon'? I want to read that one.
      I was going to sign for this one myself but I was too lazy to think of relevant books so stuck with what I think I might actually complete. And a couple that friends are running so they wouldn't stab me ;)

      Delete
    3. I've never heard of that. I might go poke it...

      To be honest, I'm not thinking about it too hard. There are a few on my TBR that will suffice, but if I get desperate by November I'll shove those words into the Sheffield Library Catalogue and see what comes up! Finding new books and all that...

      I wouldn't have stabbed you - I'm much more of a passive aggressive kind of girl...

      Delete

Grab my Button

Booking in Heels
 

Booking In Heels Copyright 2008 Fashionholic Designed by Ipiet Templates Supported by Tadpole's Notez