Wednesday 25 January 2012

Waiting on Wednesday #3


I'm not usually a fan of book covers with generic girls in dresses on the front, and I tend to not like the story much either. The Selection though... it looks beautiful. I adore the reflections and the colours - it's just a little different from all those other books on my shelves.

For thirty-five girls, the Selection is the chance of a lifetime. The opportunity to escape the life laid out for them since birth. To be swept up in a world of glittering gowns and priceless jewels. To live in the palace and compete for the heart of the gorgeous Prince Maxon. 

But for America Singer, being Selected is a nightmare. It means turning her back on her secret love with Aspen, who is a caste below her. Leaving her home to enter a fierce competition for a crown she doesn't want. Living in a palace that is constantly threatened by violent rebel attacks. 

Then America meets Prince Maxon. Gradually, she starts to question all the plans she's made for herself- and realizes that the life she's always dreamed of may not compare to a future she never imagined.


The plot sounds perfect too. I have a weird penchant for dire situations happening to a randomly selected person (*waves at The Hunger Games*) and this seems to have an almost reality TV show aspect, but in a much classier way.

Add in a gorgeous Prince and all those wonderfully positive reviews that have been popping up lately, and I can't wait to get my hands on this on April 24th!

3 comments:

  1. I have to admit I'm a little over girls on the covers of books - but I love the dress in that cover. It's definitely eye-catching.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm really interested in this book, sounds original. Besides, the cover is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOOOVE This cover! A friend on GR read this and hated it though so now I'm a bit wary of it but it still sounds awesome!

    Giselle
    Xpresso Reads

    ReplyDelete

Grab my Button

Booking in Heels
 

Booking In Heels Copyright 2008 Fashionholic Designed by Ipiet Templates Supported by Tadpole's Notez