Wednesday 9 November 2011

Waiting on Wednesday #2

Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi

Juliette hasn't touched anyone in exactly 264 days.

The last time she did, it was an accident, but The Reestablishment locked her up for murder. No one knows why Juliette's touch is fatal. As long as she doesn't hurt anyone else, no one really cares. The world is too busy crumbling to pieces to pay attention to a 17-year-old girl. Diseases are destroying the population, food is hard to find, birds don't fly anymore, and the clouds are the wrong color.

The Reestablishment said their way was the only way to fix things, so they threw Juliette in a cell. Now so many people are dead that the survivors are whispering war-- and The Reestablishment has changed its mind. Maybe Juliette is more than a tortured soul stuffed into a poisonous body. Maybe she's exactly what they need right now.

Juliette has to make a choice: Be a weapon. Or be a warrior. 





I swear, I want to read this so such it hurts. 

I've seen it featured on nearly every book blog I follow lately (which is a fair few) and each time I see it, I want it that little bit more.

I'm not sure why I'm quite so desperate to get my hands on it, but who wouldn't want to read a YA novel about a girl who can't touch anyone being used by the government?
 

13 comments:

  1. Such a great book. I loved it. Don't worry it will be out next week. It's fantastic. Check out my WOW as well.

    Livre De Amour-Books of Love

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've reviewed this on the blog! this is totally a must read! totally worth waiting for :)

    Awesome pick!
    Here's my Waiting on Wednesday post

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait for this one either! I've only seen glowing reviews so far; great pick!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH great pick! I really enjoyed Shatter Me!

    Giselle
    Xpresso Reads

    ReplyDelete
  5. it's AWESOME! excited for you to get it in just a few days!!!!

    here's my wow picks for this week! will you stop by?!

    http://lindsaycummingsblog.blogspot.com/2011/11/waiting-on-wednesday.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great pick! I'm currently reading this and its AMAZING!

    My WoW: http://hopefaithbooks.blogspot.com/2011/11/waiting-on-wednesday-12.html

    -Brittani

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm actually entirely 'meh' about this book. It doesn't appeal to me in the slightest. Perhaps if I found it in the library of awesome win I dreamt about on the other hand... Seriously, I WISH that library existed. It had a HUGE fiction section and it was constantly getting in new books and some really bizarre books near the back and helpful librarians and lunch. It sold lunch! What the hell? It was a university library though. I went to university in some place after I'd destroyed the lorry and almost killed the girl I was with.. Why am I telling you my weird dream in a comment? I need more sleep. Rawr.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Uhh... Hannah... what do you mean 'it sold lunch?' Don't most libraries sell lunch? :s The one in Sheffield has a snack bar downstairs and a full cafe thing upstairs. I'd love a library like that though - especially the constantly getting new books thing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What? :o Libraries actually sell lunch?! Ours don't *stomps* Not even the big one in the city. It had a cafe and bookshelves full of sandwiches :p But yes it was amazing. My lecturer was a dick though, but we were right in the middle of the city, whatever city that happened to be..

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sheffield Library is the big, central one right in the centre, so maybe that's why. I just kind of figured every library had that!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Leicester one doesn't *sadface* Such a good idea too. Borrow a book, read it over a cob. Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  12. My heart explodes every time I see this book for longing of this story! I need it soooo bad!

    - Asher (from Paranormal Indulgence)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've heard so many great things about this book that I hope it lives up to all its hype. Good pick!

    ReplyDelete

Grab my Button

Booking in Heels
 

Booking In Heels Copyright 2008 Fashionholic Designed by Ipiet Templates Supported by Tadpole's Notez