Saturday 3 September 2011

Saturday Wishlist #7

Like most of you, I have a wishlist the length of the Nile or, at the very least, the River Severn. It's long. Most of them will never see the light of day as they were added on a whim or a reading phase I've gotten bored of, or have been so trampled on by the newer additions that they languish on page eight, completely forgotten about.

However, Carolyn from Book Chick City has a solution to make all those neglected wishlistees feel loved again. Each week, she posts a few of those books that one day (one day, God damn it!) she wi
ll eventually buy.

I have as much guilt over not yet introducing those unloved tomes to my shelves as anyone, so here's part #7 of my now-weekly Wishlist. These are three books that I might have eventually got round to owning by 2019. Maybe.


 I seem to be going through a Victorian ghost story phase. I read The Woman in Black by Susan Hill (my review is here) earlier this week and now I just want to read more!

The Woman in White is completely different, although the titles are similar. It was published in 1859 while Ms Hill's book is a modern title and this one features a female heroine.

Specifically, I am wishing for the Vintage edition to match all my other Vintage classics!

Well I did say I was going through a phase, did I not?

I think everybody has seen the film version of The Legend of Sleepy Hollow, the one with Johnny Depp as Ichabod Crane. I used to love that film; we'd watch it at every sleepover when we were fourteen or so.

Now, at 22 years old, it's much less scary to me and I'm dying (hehe) to read the book version.

And now for something completely different...

I have Carolyn Turgeon's Godmother book on my TBR and I've been told by numerous people how brilliant it is. I'm sure that after reading it, I'll immediately want the next one... especially since I read a mermaidish book yesterday and loved it :)

12 comments:

  1. Sleepy Hollow was my favourite movie for a while and I'm sure started my obsession with all things Tim Burton! Hmm.. good idea Hanna, thanks ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Woman in White is awesome, I highly recommend it. Love that cover too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah yup, I read it years ago, but don't you think it'd be a nice little post for my feature? Meheheh :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to read Sleepy Hollow as well. Maybe The Hallow by Jessica Verday would interest you.

    On My Wishlist

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cool reads! Sleepy Hollow was my favorite in high school :D

    Amy's Wishlist
    Check out my Summer Favorties Giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I used to love Sleepy Hollow around the same time. I was in 6th form, my friend Sam lived opposite the school, so if we both had a free afternoon, we'd go back to her place, watch Sleepy Hollow and eat junk food... great memories!

    I bought The Woman in White YEARS ago, after seeing Andrew Lloyd Webber's stage musical, but I never got round to reading it, I've a nasty suspicion I lent it to someone a long time ago, and I can't remember who. Oops. *blushes*

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sleepy Hollow is one of my favourite classic stories - it was one of the first books I reviewed when I started my blog last year!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I haven't read any of the books on your wishlist but I have seen the movie adoption of Sleepy Hallow :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. @Katie - I think Sleepy Hollow is a definite teenage girl thing! It has great memories for me too.

    I had no idea the Woman in White was a musical, or was by Andrew Lloyd Webber. I thought it was just a play!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The Woman in White has been recommended to me so many time, I should add it to my wishlist too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. great picks! I really want to read the Legend of Sleepy Hollow, its on my TBR

    ReplyDelete

Grab my Button

Booking in Heels
 

Booking In Heels Copyright 2008 Fashionholic Designed by Ipiet Templates Supported by Tadpole's Notez