Friday 9 September 2011

Follow Friday #6 and TGIF #1


Have you ever wanted a villain to win at the end of a story? If so, which one?

Yes, quite a few times actually. It's mainly when the main character is being particularly annoying, so I just want them to be defeated in a dramatic showdown out of spite. I'm nice like that. Annoyingly, I can't think of any example except for Wuthering Heights where I honest-to-God wished a nuclear explosion would kill every character in it.

Other than that, I'm pretty traditional - I like my good guys to ride off into the sunset and the bad guys to lie sprawled in the dust with their black hat knocked off.  



This meme is new to me, but there's a first time for everything. TGIF is hosted by GReads and you can join in by clicking the pretty image above.

Books to Television: Which books would you love to see made into a TV series? Or a movie?

If you asked me last year, I'd have said The Hobbit. I can't believe it's taken them so long to make a start on it and I adored Lotr, book and film. But hey, they're finally doing it, so I guess I'll have to pick something else.

Let's see... The Night Angel trilogy by Brent Weeks maybe. It's about a wetboy who struggles with personal ghosts and the invasion of his Kingdom. I reviewed the second book, Shadow's Edge, here last week. They would make an awesome film. Or three films, most likely. There's action, romance, a fast-moving plot and great characters.

Perhaps Mortal Engines and the sequels by Philip Reeve. They're steampunky YA, featuring cities on wheels, explosions and robots. Again, I think it would work better as a film rather than a TV show, and it require an awful lot of CGI, but if they did it properly, it would be amazing.   
 

8 comments:

  1. Happy Friday! Awesome Blog here~
    New Follower :)

    Hoping you could drop by @ We Fancy Books
    Here's my FF answer http://wefancybooks.blogspot.com/2011/09/feature-follow-friday.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the answer! :)

    I also love your choice of blog title.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Hanna, new follower hopping by! :D

    I TOTALLY agree with you-- there are just some main characters that are so unbelievably dumb and annoying that you can't help but hope they don't end up happily ever after... I mention one such book series in my FF post this week haha...

    PS~ I LOVE your hair color!! I just went super-bright red :)

    You can see my FF answer for this week at the link below-- would love if you stopped by!

    Lea @ LC's Adventures in Libraryland

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have the exact same thought with Wuthering Heights!! (I thought I was alone in that, because everyone else I talk to seems to disagree with me!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. If they changed the word from wetboy to something else, I would definitely agree with the Brent Weeks series. :P

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Friday! New follower hoping by. My choice is more about cheering for the villains just because...you know they're sexy bad boys! :D
    Amy's Friday Memes

    Check out my Summer Favorites Giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  7. New Follower Here! Love you blog!
    Feel free to follow back @ http://www.booklove101.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. New follower! I root for the main character most of the time! Great blog!

    My Follow Friday!

    ReplyDelete

Grab my Button

Booking in Heels
 

Booking In Heels Copyright 2008 Fashionholic Designed by Ipiet Templates Supported by Tadpole's Notez