Friday 15 July 2011

Book Blogger Hop #3

How/Where do you get your books? Do you buy them or go to the library? Is there a certain website you use like paperbackswap?

Haha, my books come from everywhere! I'm a sucker for buying books, I do it much more than I should. I'm better than I used to be, but I love the feeling of opening a box from Amazon full of shiny new books or carrying a Waterstones bag home on the bus. It genuinely makes me day. It used to be that I'd buy a book every time I walked past a shop, but I've gotten better at comandeering them from other sources.

I discovered the library only a few weeks ago. Or rediscovered, I should say. I used to go all the time when I was younger (there was a life-sized train in the children's section) but then my local library replaced a lot of bookshelves with computers and it wasn't really worth going anymore. Then I moved to Sheffield four years ago, and its only just occured to me to start going there, which doesn't make a whole lot of sense. It's shut for refurbishment now though, which figures.

Readitswapit's useful for swapping books too. My available book list is here so feel free to take a quick look. I stopped using it for a while because I left my books-to-swap pile at home when I went away to University. I've had a clear out now though so I'm part-way through adding loads of books to it. Hopefully I'll be requesting a few swaps when I'm done!


6 comments:

  1. I’m seeing a pattern of book acquisition here. After all, there are just so many places to get books and so many different ways to read them.

    It’s hard to beat the library for price and selection but it’s even harder to beat the convenience of browsing BN or Amazon from a Nook or Kindle, hitting a button and reading the book you picked in about sixty seconds.

    As usual, my answer to this week’s Book Blogger Hop question is all over the map. Hop on over and read my multipart answer – http://www.howardsherman.net

    Howard A. Sherman, Implementor
    http://www.howardsherman.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. You sound just like me! I adore getting new books. In fact, on Wednesday, I had a jolly good browse in The Works and came out with 7 brand new books for £11! All very good ones too, I was and still am ecstatic. I need to start going to the library again but I have so much on my shelves to read and I can't lie I do like owning my books. I'm also a little afraid of library late fees which I've always been bad for! However, thank you for linking read it swap it I'd been trying to remember that site for years and it's going to prove very useful at some point! :D

    Once Upon A Time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never used a book swapping site before. I'll check it out :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Jaedia - I'm lethal in The Works - I always come out hauling bags packed with far too many books!

    I like owning books too, but I can take a risk on library books and read books I wouldn't otherwise ecause I'm not spending any money.

    @Alexis - You definitely should! A huge percentage of my book collection has come from there!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi! I'm hopping through!!

    Almost all of the blogs I've gone to today, have said they don't use the library, or are rediscovering the library. Crazy! I absolutely LOVE the library! However, I don't go nearly as often as I'd like.

    I'm a new follower. Hope to see you around!

    ReplyDelete
  6. New follower stopping by....

    Kristin @ http://kristincanread.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Grab my Button

Booking in Heels
 

Booking In Heels Copyright 2008 Fashionholic Designed by Ipiet Templates Supported by Tadpole's Notez