Sunday 12 June 2011

In My Mailbox #4

This week has been absolutely amazing for books. I've never received a R.A.K. before (a book-ish Random Act of Kindness, set up over at Book Soulmates) but this week I got five. FIVE!!! Book bloggers are so friendly and so generous that I feel a little proud that I get to be one of them. I've met some great people my age, in my country with my interests and I'm glad I've come across them.



Hehe, I get excited just looking at these.  Here we have - 

Red Riding Hood by Sarah Blakley-Cartwright
This was sent to me by Lesley over at My Keeper Shelf. I haven't seen the film yet, but I'll definitely be doing so as I love fairytale retellings.

Howl's Moving Castle by Diana Wynne Jones
Thank you to Rachael who sent me one of her favourite books!

Claude & Camille: A Novel of Monet by Stephanie Cowell
Rebekah, one of the nicest book bloggers I've come across, sent this to me. She's over at An Armchair By The Sea. 

Cinderella Ate My Daughter by Peggy Orenstein
Oscar's Books: A Journey Around the Library of Oscar Wilde by Thomas Wright
Ellie from Musings of a Bookshop Girl is also super friendly and her blog is the one that got me into book blogging in the first place. Not only that, but she sent me TWO books off my wishlist. They're both non-fiction and I can't wait to get stuck in!

You should see the smile on my face just from looking at those. But that's not all. I also have - 

The Men Who Stare At Goats by Jon Ronson
This was swapped on the ReaditSwapit website for some children's historical fiction book about Elizabeth I and John Dee. I've had a vague interest in this for a while and I'll get round to it as some point.

Wishful Drinking by Carrie Fisher
I still don't believe Sheffield Library had this - they have the most obscure books sometimes (The Natural History of Unicorns, I'm looking at you!). Not only that, they have three copies!

The Stepford Wives by Ira Levin
Another library book, for no reason other than I turn into Mr. Hyde when confronted with stacks and stacks of books. 

You might not see me for a while as, when confronted with either a stack of shiny new books or the read world, it's not a difficult decision!

3 comments:

  1. I totally want to read Cinderella Ate My Daughter... not because I'm a mom, or anything, it just looks really good!

    Howls Moving Castle is wonderful :)

    Audrey
    New Follower!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, Cinderella Ate My Daughter?! That sounds interesting! I may have to check that one out! Great book week this week hun, hope you enjoy them all!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to read Howl's Moving Castle!!!!

    Angie

    http://angelasanxiouslife.blogspot.com/2011/06/paranormalcy-review.html

    ReplyDelete

Grab my Button

Booking in Heels
 

Booking In Heels Copyright 2008 Fashionholic Designed by Ipiet Templates Supported by Tadpole's Notez