Thursday 26 May 2011

The Time Will Come - 26th May 2011

This is a Thursday meme hosted by Jodie at Books For Company to shine a light on those books we've had on our TBR piles so long that they're practically part of the furniture.

To join in, just post about a book you've been really meaning to read and then hop on over here and link up. I love looking at everyone else's TBR piles, so you can see a full list of the other participants over there too.

Right then. This week I'm choosing Lady Chatterley's Lover by D.H.Lawrence.

From Amazon - 'Perhaps the most famous of Lawrence's novels, the 1928 Lady Chatterley's Lover is no longer distinguished for the once-shockingly explicit treatment of its subject matter--the adulterous affair between a sexually unfulfilled upper-class married woman and the game keeper who works for the estate owned by her wheelchaired husband. Now that we're used to reading about sex, and seeing it in the movies, it's apparent that the novel is memorable for better reasons: namely, that Lawrence was a masterful and lyrical writer, whose story takes us bodily into the world of its characters.'

I know it's a strange book to be looking forward to reading, but I do like reading the classics and the story behind this one sounds a bit different.

Incidentally, I hate that cover. Is that really necessary?

I'm not sure why I haven't read it yet really. Other books just got in the way I guess. Thinking about it, I might bump it up.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for joining in!
    I do agree about the cover, seems very strange cover.
    Hope you enjoy it when the time comes =)

    ReplyDelete

Grab my Button

Booking in Heels
 

Booking In Heels Copyright 2008 Fashionholic Designed by Ipiet Templates Supported by Tadpole's Notez