Saturday 28 May 2011

Hanna's Saturday Wishlist #2

Like most of you, I have a wishlist the length of the Nile or, at the very least, the River Severn. It's long. Most of them will never see the light of day as they were added on a whim or a reading phase I've gotten bored of, or have been so trampled on by the newer additions that they languish on page eight, completely forgotten about.

However, Carolyn from Book Chick City has a solution to make all those neglected wishlistees feel loved again. Each week, she posts a few of those books that one day (one day, God damn it!) she wi
ll eventually buy.

I have as much guilt over not yet introducing those unloved tomes to my shelves as anyone, so here's part #2 of my now-weekly Wishlist. These are three books that I might have eventually got round to owning by 2019. Maybe.


Matched by Allie Condie

 It seems as though every blogger in the entire world has read this one but me. I can't wait to eventually get there though, as almost all of the afore-mentioned bloggers have given Matched glowing reviews. 


From Amazon - 'On her seventeenth birthday, Cassia meets her Match. Society dictates he is her perfect partner for life.
Except he’s not. In Cassia’s society, Officials decide who people love. How many children they have. Where they work. When they die. But, as Cassia finds herself falling in love with another boy, she is determined to make some choices of her own. And that’s when her whole world begins to unravel . . .'

Mm. Dystopia makes me happy.
Wishful Drinking by Carrie Fisher

Now then. I'm really not much of a celebrity autobiography reader - I'd rather use Katie Price's book to make papier-mache sculptures than actually read the damn thing - but Carrie Fisher kind of surpasses 'celebrity' and goes straight through into 'legend.'

I first heard of this on Ellie's blog, Musings of a Bookshop Girl,  and I've been intrigued by it ever since. Ms Fisher has dealt with multiple issues, including her drinking problem, mental health and being a gold bikini-induced sex symbol.

Tolstoy and the Purple Chair by Nina Sankovitch

 I'm a sucker for books about books, and this one sounds like a completely different take. It describes the life of Ms Sankovitch relating to the books she has devoured while sitting in a certain purple chair and how reading almost constantly for a year helped her with deal with the death of her sister.

So. What's on your wishlist?

1 comment:

  1. ooo I like the sound of Tolstoy and the purple chair, interesting!
    I have read Matched, I got it out the library, i;m pretty glad I did though as I didnt like it enough to spend a lot on it tbh... I know others that loved it though!
    I hope you get your books soon!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Grab my Button

Booking in Heels
 

Booking In Heels Copyright 2008 Fashionholic Designed by Ipiet Templates Supported by Tadpole's Notez